Advice For Single Mom’s Looking for Love
Dear Renee (The Love Designer)
I’m a single mother with 2 children. What advice do you have for the single moms who want to date and find love again? Are men interested in dating single moms?
Curious Single Mom
Dear Curious Single Mom (this advice goes for both sexes),
First off Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s out there! Being a mom is a very important job and remember your kids are watching and tuning into your conversations and vibes about love and relationships. If you seem skeptical or scared they may feel the same.
I have facilitated events matching thousands of singles at my events and seminars. I’d say at least 1/3 -1/2 are single parents. Dating for Single parents can be a challenge and getting back into the dating arena takes time, a healed heart and openness to love again. Yes, some men do not mind dating a single mother, but some are a bit leery. (this goes for you single Dads as well.)
I have facilitated men’s seminars for years and many men say they are open to dating single moms if they aren’t in the bitter break up phase and still in a dramatic divorce. Face it, most men love being cared for and appreciated, and we must look at the reality from both sides of the fence. You have to show that you can carve out time and have the energy to date.
Dating with kids is a balancing act, especially for women. In most cases, the children live with mom most of the time and once you adjust to the situation, the status of being single again, it’s time to get back into the “Driver’s seat of your Love Life.” Just like learning any new sport (and dating can seem like one) take baby steps. Create a love support crew with friends and family so you have time to play. Avoid talking about your “ex” to men or women when you connect at parties when you start dating. Speak only about your vision for the future of yourself and your kids. People love to gossip.
Here are some tools for getting back into the dating game: These tools apply to single Dad’s as well!
- Heal yourself and get the kids settled in before you go on a dating rampage.
- Pamper yourself and prepare mentally by reading books like mine to help you navigate this world of dating. Get Real about Love~ The Secrets to Opening Your Heart & Finding True Love and articles online like this.
- Be patient and kind to yourself since you’ve been out of the dating scene for a while, and be aware of the various love phases people are experiencing.
- Take it slow with “high speed chasers” who know you are new to dating game so you don’t get hurt.
- Get a supportive (pit crew) to make some space in your life for new friends and dates (swap kids for dating nights).
- Check your beliefs about finding love and friendship again (if you don’t believe you can… you will not be open to it, period.)
- Ask yourself…Would you date yourself in the state you are in? Get guidance in my seminars on Flirting, Creating your new Vision, Love support groups and “Get Ready for Love Classes.” Join me for my Hot Man Panel night to learn how men think and open your heart.
- Have fun flirting, and don’t dress like a “frumpy” mom. Show off your assets and wear things that enhance your beauty (call me for a makeover or if you need a wardrobe pickup)
- Explore your dating options online and at local networking events or Meetups to get you started.
Stay connected with me if you need help. To get on our list. go to: www.ReneePiane.com and sign in on our home page to receive invites to fun events and Love Support groups.
Come Create a New Vision board, practice your dating skills at a lighthearted Flirting Class held every few months. You’ll feel more hopeful and inspired once you see how many people you can meet. We have had huge success and would love to support you on your journey in the dating game. Love can happen at any time.
Have a love or dating question? Need a Make Over? Email Me Still Single? Suddenly Single? Want to liven up your love life? Call me for a FREE 20 Love Consultation at 310-827-1100. “Keep your Heart Open to LOVE”
Happy Mother’s Day!